It's Onigiri, again! Halloween Edition ♥
- 400 g rice (round gran rice! I always use the one for ricepudding)
- 450 m water
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 can tuna
- Nori (seaweed)
- First, wash the rice, until the water stays clear. You may have to repeat the washing for 4 or 5 times, but this way, the rice won't be slimy.
- Cook the rice. Keep it covered with a lid! When it starts boiling, and foam is rising in the kettle, turn off the heat.
- While the rice is cooking, peel the carrots and cook them, until they are a bit soft. Squash them with or fork or rasp them.
- Wait 15 minutes until you take the rice out of the kettle and put it into a bowl. Wait some more minutes, until it's a bit cooled.
- Mix the carrots with the rice, until the colour of the rice has changed.
- Mix the tuna with mayo, until you have a smooth paste.
- Place some of the rice in your (wet!) hand, and press it ito shape. (Or use a Onigiri-shaper!)
- Put some of the tuna paste in the middle of the rice, and use some more rice to cover it.
- Again, press your Onigiri into shape. Make sure your hands are wet, so the rice won't stick on your fingers.
- And that's your Onigiri! To decorate, simply cut out whatever shapes of Nori you want and press them on it.